Peanut Butter Power Snacks
Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
1 3/4 cups rolled oats
1/4 cup ground flax seed
1 1/2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
1 1/2 tablespoons sliced almonds
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup orange juice
3 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 cup dried sweetened cranberries
1 Granny Smith apple
1/4 cup Jif® Natural Creamy Peanut Butter Spread
- TO make granola: Heat oven to 300°F. Coat a 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE oats, flax seed, walnuts, almonds and cinnamon in medium bowl.
- HEAT honey, orange juice and brown sugar in small saucepan over medium heat, stirring frequently. Stir in oil and vanilla.
- POUR honey mixture over oat mixture. Stir to coat evenly. Spread evenly in baking pan. Bake 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool completely. Granola will crisp at it cools. Stir in cranberries.
- TO make snacks: Core apple, cut into 4 thick rings. Spread 1 tablespoon peanut butter on each apple ring. Sprinkle with granola. Store remaining granola in airtight container.
Serving Size (1 snack), Calories 150 (Calories from Fat 80), Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 40mg, Total Carbohydrate 15g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 8g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.